Saturday, October 17, 2009

Women of Faith

So I went to the Women of Faith conference this weekend with a group of wonderful, wonderful gals. Despite my anxiety of thousands of people (YIKES), there was lots of laughter and many memories made. I loved, loved, loved the music. Steven Curtis Chapman is an amazing musician, and his sons play with him which makes it all the better. I don't think I walked away from the conference a different person. I'm not a better Christian today than I was yesterday, I'm not a better human being. But I am a bit more awake. Finding a church has been overwhelming- extremely overwhelming. But I know I have the strength to find the right place for me. But not this Sunday. I'm giving myself a week to try absorb what I heard at the conference, then I'll attend another church next week. I just wanted to blog a tid-bit so I could post a couple pics, and say that if you're looking for a spiritual weekend get-away, you may just enjoy A Grand New Day. If nothing else, there is wonderful music!


2 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Someone mentioned Steven Curtis Chapman this weekend. I think we were talking about tattoos at the time. I had never heard of him before.

MindiJo said...

Yoohooo! WHere are youuuuuuuuuu?
I miss you.