Monday, May 18, 2009

My playlist

I spent some of this afternoon putting together a playlist for the first time. I was trying to distract my mind from my feelings- it worked well for awhile. Basically, all the songs are ones that I like (obviously)- some new, some older. I kept out the country songs that I like- the ones that have meaning to me. Only for the sole reason that I dislike country music in general, and I felt these songs- even with the good memories- kind of ruined the vibe of the list... I tend to like soundtracks with lesser-known artists. I could have put almost the entire soundtracks from Juno and P.S. I Love You on here, but I stuck with a couple of my favorite from each. Enjoy.

P.S. If I have to pick a favorite from this list it would be track 5: Anyone Else But You, sung by Michael Cera and Ellen Page from Juno.

ETA: You and Me by Plain White T's is my phone ring tone, so now when I have my playlist playing I grab for my phone when it comes on. For dumb.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, I tend to think you are such a strong person and do such a good job thinking positive! But I think it is awsome that you are making an effort to do so even more. I am going to take the time to do the same. I wish I had more time to sit and listen to your play list but maybe I will check back and listen a little more another time.

Michelle

Krista said...

Awesome - fun to find this!! It's kind of therapeutic to put together music playlists. I really love going through my music and just enjoying what strikes me that day. It changes daily! I'll listen to your whole list this afternoon, but Rachel and Addie are dancing to the Black Eyed Peas right now!

Lorz said...

lol- I'm trying, Michelle. :)

Krista- it was kind of fun- but hard to narrow it down. I tried to pick my favorite songs from each artist and/or album, but there are too many ties! I'll just have to mix it up when I get sick of this one! Oh, and I'm glad I put the clean version of Black Eyed Peas on there- PHEW! :D

ethiopifinn said...

i love the juno soundtrack

Leanne said...

I love the Juno soundtrack, too, especially that song.

I love the "for dumb" story...cracked me up. Something I would do.

Julie said...

I was wondering where the playlist was then I noticed that my computer was muted. When I unmuted it, I was treated to one of my favorite songs! I love, love, love "Maybe I'm Amazed"!

Lorz said...

The Juno soundtrack is amazing, I think. :) I also love the P.S. I love you soundtrack. It's not as indie, but still really good.

Julie, I'm glad I decided to put that as the first song then! :)