Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Life today

I feel like I need to blog because this blog is a journal of my life. Yet I don't have time to sit and think about what I want to talk about. I had an elaborate post planned called "M&M Consumption 101". True story. It would have been a long post. I had a bag of M&M's and planned all kinds of pictures to illustrate different rules to eating them. It was so long in my head that it overwhelmed to put it down in words, so I ate the M&Ms- before their photo op. So if you have a specific question about the right and wrong way to eat M&Ms, please feel free to ask. I will tell you this much: M&Ms are meant to be eaten in this order (there are a few exceptions): blue, yellow, green, orange, red, brown. That's rule numbero uno. Maybe I'll share more in later posts...

Life today:

*The cold, rainy weather is getting to me. Both physically and mentally.
*I have not fallen down the stairs since I went off my allergies meds a week ago.
*However, my allergies have made me miserable. Light-headedness sounds better that this crap.
*On a positive note, T-minus 34 days until Baby Kangas is due to come into this world!!!
*We're heading to AZ around Memorial Day and will be down for a week or two after he is born.
*There a few things I want to do before we leave.
*Go to a Twins game is high on the list.
*My life as I know will change forever next month. I am both nervous and excited.
*And Valleyfair- I'd like to go there this month.
*If the weather takes a turn for the better.

...that's all. Hope you're all enjoying this crazy May weather!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

Ok .. I am here to help your clearly baby-addled mind. ;)

The first rule for M&M consumption is that the browns must be eaten first. All browns. Then one is left with a happy array of color. I am not so picky on the order of consumption for the rest of them, but am a stickler for the brown rule.

I hope the cold rainy weather departs soon! I would send you some of our weather, but it seems to be spotty lately so I can't guarantee what I would be sending.

Julie said...

Blues are eaten first- greens are last. :)

I can't wait to meet Billy Bob!

Lorz said...

Oh dear Elizabeth! Who steered you so wrong??? Blue is not meant to be an M&M color- it throws off the whole vibe of the candy! And brown should be eaten last, as they are the most natural color for chocolate. I might have to write up the whole set of rules for you. There are rules for Skittles also.

Lorz said...

I'm glad you've got the blue rule down, Julie.

Billy Bob? Oh dear.

Elizabeth Halt said...

No! See .. M&Ms are meant to be colorful. Brown throws off the whole colorful thing .. so it gets eaten first. Then it's like a pretty rainbow of bright color. Then, you can eat the remainder in whatever order (backwards) you prefer the colors. I think I eat yellow next.

Laura Jean said...

Well, I guess I can't change everyone's minds...lol.