Friday, April 3, 2009

Tears and Hope

Kiya is two weeks old today. I miss her. I love her. Of course, being me, I called her mom without thinking for more than two seconds about it. I found out her plan for when she graduates from treatment in two weeks. She'll live in a recovery house in St. Cloud for at least 60 days, which she said she is oddly (her words) excited about- yay! She has been getting back in touch with good friends she had before using drugs. She said there are a few that will be very good for her to be around, and they are happy to "have her back". Yay! Like, I said before, meth is an ugly drug, but if she can surround herself with a good support system, and can stay in the recovery home as long as possible...well, I have hope. I live on hope these days- but this is a stronger hope. I am choosing to believe it WILL happen for her. That she will turn her life around, and Kiya will live a happy and healthy life with her.

I cry because I miss Kiya, but I feel hope. Hope is good. :)

4 comments:

MindiJo said...

Hope IS good. So are tears. Because they help you to let go.

Elizabeth Halt said...

Hope is good. And so is love and caring - which I'm sure Kiya's mom appreciates. :)

Julie L said...

I agree with both of the above.

steph kantola said...

Romans 5:3-5 check it out :) Sending tons of love and prayers to you and Davin!!!

Steph Kantola