Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas


A bit of our year:

Davin had a busy year at work. He gets to enjoy blowing off steam every Tuesday by playing hockey in St. Cloud.

Davin and Chrissy's husband, Brett, won the brother fishing contest on the annual brothers weekend. Mike made a lovely trophy, which is proudly displayed at Chrissy and Brett's. No, I don't care that it's not in my living room. ;)

I started working at Lane Bryant in Albertville in the spring, where I now work mostly on freight- I love my co-workers.

I started running a few months ago. I did the couch-to-5k program- finished successfully only to pull my hamstring. It is still on the mend, and I am in itching to get back on that treadmill!

We met Kiya (our Ellen Kylee) and got to spend her first several hours of life with her. We experienced her first bottle, her first burp, her first diaper change, and best of all, the first time she opened her eyes and looked around with curiousity. I wish much love to her and her family.

We took a few vacations- one to Arizona, a couple to Michigan, and our first trip to Chicago. There is nothing better than quality time with my husband. (For a few days, then I we both like a little alone time). :)

Our life consists of keeping a normal everyday life all while waiting very hard for a baby. As you know the adoption journey has been quite a roller coaster. Most days are normal and fine, but Davin and both have days where our hearts ache to hold our own child. It is especially hard during the holiday season. However, we are blessed to have family and friends- including a lot of nieces and nephews to spend the holidays with.

I have one holiday wish you can all help me with: there are people in our life who are dealing with a lot of difficult health issues. They are family to us, and I ask that when you say your prayers tonight, you say a little prayer for them. Thank you.


Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope yours is filled with love, warmth, and laughter.

5 comments:

MindiJo said...

Merry Christmas to the two of you!

May 2010 be your year.

Julie said...

Wait... I didn't realize you completely finished the 5K. Laura, that's so awesome! Hugs to you for that! Way to go. It's addicting, right? Hope you can get back to running soon.

What a a year, hey? Hoping you have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2010.

ethiopifinn said...

Merry Christmas, Laura!

Amanda Kay said...

Merry Christmas!

Elizabeth Halt said...

I think you should share a photo of this trophy. Curious minds want to know. ;)

Have a merry merry Christmas, Laura (and Davin)!

And may I just say that you ROCK on that C25K thing. Seriously. I don't think it can be said enough.