Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'm ready to say goodbye

to 2009.

It was a rough one for us. It started with a promise of a new baby for us. We met the beautiful baby on the first day of spring and lost her on the second day of spring. While we are very grateful that she is doing well, we have spent months working to move past the pain of losing her and the pain of not hearing from other potential birth mothers. I've gone through emotions that I don't know how to express. But I can say this: I am ready for a new year. I am ready to face what lies ahead on this adoption journey, and I'm ready to start on my three goals for the new year:

1) Run a 5k (or two or three)
2) Find a creative outlet for myself (First attempt- painting)
3) Learn to dance- like really dance, not just jump around.

I chose two words to represent 2010 for me. The first is happy. Before I do anything, I want to ask myself, "Does this make me happy?". I was going to leave it at that, but then another word came mind, and I think it is equally as important. Healthy. "Is this healthy?" If whatever I choose to do in the next coming year is healthy and it makes me happy then I'm right on track.

I wish you all a happy and healthy new year!

4 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

happy and healthy sound like wonderful guidelines!

Elizabeth Halt said...

I think those words are perfect. Let's hope that you get happy and I get joyful. :)

Here's a funny dancing story .. I got Step Up 2 from the library and was dancing along with the music videos in the bonus features. I even tried break dancing. The next morning, I woke up and was like an old old woman. I could barely move. I could not figure out what had happened during the night to make my legs hurt so much .. and then I remembered. Clearly dancing is very good exercise. Well .. I guess I do like to be able to move after my exercise, but it's funny how it really just feels like fun and it's actually fun + work. :)

Amanda Kay said...

Love your goals!!

Leanne said...

Perfect '10 words. :)