Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent

I've never observed Lent, but last year I said I would this year. It was a toss-up between chocolate and Diet Coke. But since I woke up today, Ash Wednesday, and cracked open a Diet Coke before thinking about Lent, I'm going with chocolate. I accidentally ate a few m&ms- I swear it was an accident! But I'm back on track. I could have thrown all the chocolate in the house, but with the chocolate exchange (Thanks again, Amy!), and Valentine's Day, and Davin being a sweet husband...well, I couldn't throw it out. So I threw it in the freezer. Where my favorite ice cream cones will also wait for 40 days. This is gonna be tough, but I THINK I CAN do it! I also thought about *giving up* swearing, but I decided that should be something I should give up anyway. I swear (pun completely intended) our child's first word will be 'Da Da', and not....not something ugly.

Now just hoping I don't sleep walk to this tonight:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am NOT a huge fan of chocolate but I have a hard time resisting Reese Peanut Butter Cups!! Those look VERY GOOD!! KEEP IT UP LAURA, YOU CAN DO IT!!

Elizabeth Halt said...

That there is a lot of chocolate! Mmmmm .. I love turtles.

Lorz said...

I just found another bag of chocolate in the cupboard. Geez, it really is a TON of chocolate. Somehow it doesn't look so appetizing when there SO much. It just looks like a major stomach ache and 10 extra pounds.