Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oops and Duluth

I think I promised a blog a couple (few?) weeks ago. I'm here now, so quit grumbling. Here's relevant (and some pointless) bits of my life right now:

~I did not celebrate St. Urho's Day. I'm a bad Finn.
~I am SO very happy that spring is here. I love the sunshine. Love, love, love it!
~I've noticed lately that I triple words and phrases for emphasis. ^See above^
~Davin and I just got home from a weekend in Duluth.
~It's amazing how much I can relax and BREATH when we're on the north shore.
~I slept over 10 hours both nights, and took a 3-hr nap on Saturday.
~No lie. I must have needed some shut-eye.
~I literally felt a stomachache coming on as we left Duluth.
~Guess it's back to reality.
~It's Kiya's first birthday today. A year ago we met our baby Ellen. I hope she has a very happy birthday.
~Is our adoption journey almost over? *BIG SIGH*
~Or *sigh, sigh, sigh*
~Well, at least I'm well-rested and ready to take on the world this week.

Here's pics from Duluth and Gooseberry Falls:

2 comments:

Julie said...

Welcome back. Missed you on Saturday but a trip to the North Shore and a break from reality should never be passed up on! It looked perfect. Including that ugly bear. Good luck tomorrow!

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

A fun getaway. And, the sleep sounds awesome, too!

I didn't celebrate St. Urho's either. In fact, it wasn't until a couple of days later that I found out I missed it when I overheard a local say something about it.

(Yeah. Big fan.)