Tuesday, October 28, 2008

An old email



Point 1:
Friends rock. Best friends rock more. I am lucky to have best friends. I have two friends who have been there for me through thick and thin. We've all been through stuff, and we've all been there for eachother. We'll be best friends at age 100.
Point 2:
I love stars. I always said if I were to ever get a tattoo it would have to be a shooting star. To me a star is a wish, a dream, a hope. A star can make anything possible.
To the main point:
Last night I was looking for my immunization records- I need them for a health screening in order to volunteer at the hospital. I did not find them (crap), but what I did find was something wonderful. I came across a pile of emails I had printed when I was in high school. Most of them were from Davin (they brought back fond memories that made me cry), but the first email, on top of the pile, was from one of my best of best friends. We've been friends forever, and she is a total sweetheart. You know who you are, Hon. I omitted some of the message. Thanks for this email...

Subject: LONG Mail
Message: Laura-
...
Once I did one of those lame email quizzzes, and for one of the answers, you were my shining star. How cute, hey? I just remembered that because sometimes when I'm on a walk at night...I'll be bored and start thinking about things. ...Then I'll see a shooting star go right over your house. It actually happened three times, and each time I get to thinking about what an awesome person you are- how you've made me feel good about so much, how you've given Davin all you have to offer, and I realize what a truly shining star you are. Really, it probably sounds lame coming from me- I'm not good with words- but never forget how beautiful you are. I see it, and so many others do also, and I hope that someday you do to. Because it's the truth! And I'm not a frickin' liar! So keep smiling your gorgeous smile, and have a wonderful day!
Love you

I love you too, Hon!