Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Benefit for Gregory

Okay, I have tried this post a dozen times now. I'm going to try the bottom line approach: I have talked about Julie and Andrew and their boys. Gregory is back in the hospital tonight- Andrew journaled about it in on Gregory's CaringBridge site. I encourage you to read this journal entry. There has been a benefit set up for Gregory. In addition, I am collecting money for his medical expenses from people who wish to remain anonymous. There are also a couple other ways you can help this family out. If you can spare even a small amount, please email me. I can give you my mailing address for anonymous donations, or other ways you can help if you wish. I know times are tight, but any little bit will help this family. Visit Gregory's CaringBridge site. Email me. Please.

I love you, Julie, Andrew, Ethan, and Gregory. Stay strong.

lorz.kangas@gmail.com

4 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

Oh man .. poor Gregory. :( Croup does not seem fun even when you're totally healthy beforehand - I always remember the part of Anne of Green Gables where the neighbor baby gets it and Anne nurses him back to health.

MindiJo said...

Laura, you are a good friend. Coming from someone who has dealt with the burden of medical expenses, what you are doing is so kind and generous. You must have a heart of gold.

Lorz said...

Thanks, Mindi, but you're too kind. I'm just trying to get the word out there in as many ways as I can. Julie's my family, and I would do anything for family. :)

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Thank you so much for all you have done for Julie and Andrew and the boys. This has been such a hardship for them, but with a little help from others their burdens will feel lighter. Your help means so much to all of us.

love,
Cheryl