Thursday, February 12, 2009

Green Grass and Other Important Randoms

*You know the warm weather and rain mid MN has gotten? Well, I looked out the window at my lawn the other day and realized most the snow was melted, and I could see green grass!!! Yes, I understand there is brown grass also, but I saw the GREEN grass.

*There is some good Gregory news! (This is actually more important than the green grass, but I'm random). The antibiotics are working- his infection levels are down. Also, they have a good theory on what could be wrong, and if they are right, it is curable and he should be on the mend soon! For more info email me or visit his CaringBridge site. And keep the prayers coming- they seem to be working! :)

*I love my sister Leanne's blog. She's a good person, with positive energy.

*Julie also has great positive energy. I love positive energy, and Julie.

*I'm going to Leanne and Cory's Bull party this weekend. Davin's really excited that it's on Valentine's Day- a great cop-out. Don't tell him, but I am also happy it's on Valentine's Day! It's fun fun fun!!!

*The Office is on tonight- don't miss it!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
~smiles~ from Laura. :)

15 comments:

Leanne said...

Ah. That felt nice and warm. Like a sauna. Or a *working* electric blanket. Thanks!

Elizabeth Halt said...

btw - the link to the Caring Bridge site doesn't work (for me, anyway). Neither does the first link to the Caring Bridge site in the below post. The second link in the below post does. [They're two different links.] :)


GREEN grass - yay!

good Gregory news - yay!

Leanne - yay!

Julie - yay!

Bull party - confused, what is a Bull party

The Office - meh, I just gave my TV to Goodwill so I can't watch it anyway, LOL

Lorz said...

I fixed the links- thanks, Elizabeth! BTW, The Office can be watched online, so no excuses! ;)

Leanne- your electric blanket not working? :(

Anonymous said...

Good positive post! Gregory must be doing a bit better that you have the time to notice "other" things! SO happy for them! I think it's awesome that you have such a kinship with that family! What a blessing to have "extra" family.

Anonymous said...

Shoot - I missed the office. Didn't feel like driving to Walmart to watch it.

Do I dare ask? What's a bull party?
Shari

Lorz said...

Oh, Shari, it's so worth the drive to Walmart. :D

A bull party is a party with bulls. We ride them and have races and stuff. It's fun. Especially because Leanne gives them each a bath before the party so they don't smell.

Leanne said...

Laura. Don't lie. I never wash the bulls first.

PS: Actually, Bull is a game you play as couples, so it's really just a couples party. With a card game. :)

Lorz said...

Next time you have a bull party will you get a real bull? Just have a vet dope him up a bit so he's not too wild. I think a bull hanging out in the living room watching Bull would be so fun! I should be on the party planning committee. I'm way better than Jim- I'm right up there with Dwight.

Leanne said...

Oh, that would be really special. Maybe when we get to the 10th party or something, that would be a good Special Event.

Btw: still need help with a special "valentines round" idea.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read that Gregory is improving! So many are holding them in their prayers...

I love Leanne's blog and positive energy, too!

Elizabeth Halt said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh .. you could get a mechanical bull! Wouldn't that be fun!

Anonymous said...

I think that you should get a mechanical bull as well.... that would be so cool! and it wouldn't trample you when you fall off either so that's always a bonus.

Lorz said...

I am so joining the party committee next year and am going to find a mechanical bull! We'll bring it early so Leanne's kids can ride it!!!

Leanne said...

Wowza. I love this background. I need a new post though.

Anonymous said...

I was just going to write the same thing as Leanne... love the background :)