Saturday, February 7, 2009

Love is in the air...

Since Leanne and Mindi have a lovey dovey month going on, I figured I'd join in. Not because I felt pressured or wanted to be cool like them, but because I spent time today with someone I love very much. I love love love Julie. And Andrew and Ethan and Gregory. The whole fam. Love them all. I got to kidnap Julie today from the hospital and hang out with her at the mall for a bit. Everyone reading this- Julie is the biggest sweetheart in the world. I actually think she is a lot like my mom in many ways. She's got a heart of gold. She is an awesome mom to her two little boys. Gregory's been through so much in the past year with all his medical problems, and Julie and Andrew of been so incredibly strong for him. And Ethan never seems to complain that life has been so focused on his little brother. He just loves him- simple as that. He is so well-adjusted, and I think that goes to show how great his parents are to him. When I walk into the hospital room and I see Gregory, with his hospital 'gown' on and iv boarded to his little arm, my instinct reaction is so feel sad. But then he looks at me and grins and giggles, and I my heart melts.

...okay, I'm realizing I have a hard time expressing my feelings. Julie- I am in awe of your strength and your kindness. Andrew- thanks for being such an awesome and supportive husband and dad. Ethan- you will always fascinate me- you are brilliant and love listening to you talk. Gregory- you're the definition of strength. Plus, you're a little flirt, and how can I not love that? :) To all of you- I hope when you bring Gregory home from the hospital this time that everything goes smooth, and you don't have to be back again! I love you guys.

7 comments:

MindiJo said...

I hate to say this, for fear that it may come out wrong; it's probably good for you to have a distraction. All of your love (well, a ton of it) has been concentrated on this little family. It's so sweet. At the same time, I really hope and pray that Gregory's family has answers soon.

Anonymous said...

Sweet post dedicated to a sweet family!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I like this post. I've always thought Julie is so sweet. And I've always liked her husband's family!

Lots of good thoughts sent out to them for answers for Gregory!

Leanne said...

I couldn't agree with this post more. Julie is something special. :)

Andy said...

I couldn't agree more with your post. Julie is a wonderful person and has sunk a ton of time into trying to find out what is going on with Gregory and why things are the way they are. We are very glad to have guys like you and Dave that are always there to lend a hand, or even just to visit. That means so much to us. Thanks for coming by while we were at Gregory's....hotel....

Julie said...

Thank you, Laura. That was incredibly sweet of you.
I think you have it all wrong though- you're the one with a heart of gold. You're so loyal and always "there", usually physically (I worry about YOU, sometimes!) and always in spirit. You're the bestest friend anyone could ever hope for. :) Love you!

Elizabeth Halt said...

very sweet post!