Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Laura, baker


I am half proud and half ashamed to post this picture. Proud because I baked my first pie ever today. Ashamed because I have never made a pie before in my life- yikes! Proud because I made three mini pies (two for the freezer), and one regular size one (also for the freezer). Ashamed because this one turned out pretty darned ugly. Proud because....hey, it may have turned out yummy! I don't like blueberries (GASP!), but I'll have Davin test it tonight. It's actually for his birthday tomorrow. I don't know that it would be his number one pick, but we had two gallons of blueberries from the U.P. sitting in our freezer since last season, so I figured I should start using them! Next up, blueberry pancakes and blueberry muffins. I don't love cooking...who am I kidding- I loathe the kitchen, but I know it would be a great shame to not use U.P. blueberries, right? :)

5 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

WOO HOO !!!

clearly you are a baker !!!

now, please come visit and make me a blueberry pie.

;)

Anonymous said...

I finally used my blueberries that I bought off of Uncle David at the family reunion (2 years ago). I made blueberry jam which is excellent on pancakes. Aunt Karen

sis amy said...

YAY! A pie:) And a nice pie plate to boot;) Hope your dear one enjoys his Bday and this yummy looking treat!

Lorz said...

Elizabeth, come on over- I'd love to make you a pie! ;)

Blueberry jam, huh? I wonder if Davin would like that...

Amy, don't dis the pie pan- Davin ate every last crumb of two of them in two days!!! ;)

MindiJo said...

Right. It would be a shame. That's why you can always send me anything that you make. Since you don't like blueberries. I do. Especially from MI.
I don't think the pie looks ugly. It looks utterly delish. Mmmm. I love the kitchen. Why didn't you tell me? I would have come and baked up all sorts of blueberry treats for you.