Thursday, July 30, 2009

A moment of peace


The next couple weeks may be a roller coaster for me, as I will be making some big med changes. I am feeling a bit uneasy about it all, to say the least. However, today I had a moment of complete peace. I stopped by the cementary- it has been one year since Pappa passed away. It was a beautiful day, and I sat on the grass feeling relaxed and at ease. I enjoyed sitting in silence, and even having a little chat with Pappa. I am not a writer, and cannot put into words exactly how I felt, but it was a beautiful moment, and I think that just maybe Pappa was passing his calm, laid-back personality onto me. :)

While I was there I had to take a quick picture of the American flag at Pappa's headstone, which was very appropriately mended up with duct tape. Those who know Ellen and Pappa can understand how that made me smile. :)

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Has it been a year? Still resting in peace. I miss him. And Ellen. I really need to get over there.

I'm glad it brought you a moment's peace too, sister.

XOXO

Tara said...

I love Ed and Ellen. Laura, I wish you the best with your med changes, I hope all goes well.

sis amy said...

Hang in there, dear. I miss Pappa. He was such a gentle soul. May the serene calm he had be the same that will carry you through your next change.....

Julie said...

Hang in there, sweetie- hope it improves soon.

Sara said...

Good luck for these next few weeks! (Now, why did that feel just like signing your yearbook...BFF!)

Amanda Kay said...

Good luck with the changes Laura - I hope it works out!