Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Re-cap. Or something.

I haven't moved from this comfy chair since we got back from Michigan on Monday afternoon. Lie. I have moved, but I haven't accomplished anything important, so I may as well have stayed here. I am still recovering from the vacation. And by vacation, I don't mean fun-fun-fun!- I mean Fun-YIKES-CRASH! Families are tiring. You know why? 'Cause both Davin and I come from crazy families. Yes, it's true. Joe and Sandy's family: CRAZY. Wes and Cheryl's family: CRAZY. So.many.people. This girl can't handle the chaos. Not true. I can because I did. But still, you know what I mean. And if you're thinking I didn't I have fun, you're wrong. As it turns out, you can be completely stressed out and still manage to enjoy yourself. Who woulda thunk? We were on the lake every day. I think we hit every beach in the Keewanaw. We saw lots of family- so.many.people. We ate Ambassador pizza- YUM. I ate Mackinaw Island icecream and didn't get sick. (I've since tried 60 varieties of icecream since we've been home and it seems I am cured- uh oh!) But the highlight of the trip....oh, the highlight!!!! ROFL....hold on....LOL....it's a funny story....LMAO....okay, -deep breath-. On our last night there we went to Sedar Bay to visit Grandpa and Grandma. (That's not the funny part...although they are entertainment alone). Grandpa had lit the sauna, so we had to sauna-swim, right? Well, Dan and Lynne were there also so we headed down together. The waves were big. And I mean BIG. So we had to ride them. That's the funny part. Well, not that we rode the waves, but being in the waves, and screaming, and then watching Dan and Davin try do tricks in the wave. ....okay, so you had to be there. Whatever. But you know that laugh, when you every bit of tension is released (so.many.people) and nothing is holding you back- you laugh and feel so light??? It was wonderful. It was the perfect end to a fun, chaos-but-laughter-filled weekend.

And I got pictures to boot:
And if you want to see the less-funny-just-cute pictures, click here.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Love the pictures! It was so good to see you both!

Julie said...

Oh, Lorzy. I am so glad that you got to laugh like that! :) Looks like you had a wonderful time. Loved the pics!

sis amy said...

Fun Pictures! Was a fun weekend:) BTW: I.am.SO.PROUD.of.you.XOXO Just saying......:)

Leanne said...

I'm proud of you too. I thought it was a *perfect* weekend, even though mine was a wee bit shorter. :)

Lorz said...

It was good to see you too Sara. Do you think the rest of the family was offended by me calling them crazy??? It was purely a term of a affection, of course- I do hope you all realize that. :D

Julie, call me when on your next dose of vicodin- I'll re-tell the story and you'll laugh. I promise.

Amy, it was fun to see our crazy family also! :D

Leanne, next time we'll go for a wee bit shorter. :)

MindiJo said...

I'm glad you had fun. And laughed like that.