Wednesday, September 23, 2009

For Julie

She is hunkering down and bound to go stir crazy. Supposedly reading blogs helps. So this one is for her.

Hmm....what to blog about. Well, I'm feeling quite a bit better. Davin and I are thinking about going to Chicago in a couple weeks. I've never been, and I figured we should probably go since we talk about possibly moving there someday.

Oh, I know! The list!

74) Davin and I always talk about moving away someday. We thought Arizona, but decided against that after we went in June and about melted. Chicago has always been talked about since Davin's work headquarters are there and he has to travel there pretty often anyway. Plus, it's a short(ish) drive home, and flights are usually pretty cheap. I don't think we will really know what we want to do until we have kids. Being around family is pretty awesome. I'm just not a MN winter gal. Not that Chicago is much better...

75) I am in the process of finding a church. But that's a whole other post.

76) Today I am fasting for a procedure tomorrow. It's 8:30 a.m. and my stomach is growling. And I have drink some crap to clear my system still. I don't suspect I will be most cheerful by the end of the day...

77) I can drink Diet Coke while I fast. That just may save my sanity.


78) I can NOT decide on a new camera. This photo was taken with one I bought then returned, and now wish I would have tried out for a bit longer. I think any camera could have gotten this shot because the lighting was great, but I just love that a sunflower is growing out of dead tree. (I doctored the colors obviously). My dad explained to the Shari's kids how a bird got seeds from the feeder and dropped one on the tree as it flew over. They were so intrigued- too cute. :)

6 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

twitter has gone haywire! i am just laughing at that strangeness! it didn't happen on mine tho

Julie said...

Aww... you make me smile. :)

I see now what the gag me thing is (from FB). I'm sure it's quite disgusting. Do you follow it with a shot of Diet Coke?

I'm excited for you for your Chicago trip. One place I've always wanted to go. Except for the bad parts. But all major cities have bad parts, right?

There are a couple photos that you took with that camera that are so stunning. Good luck with the search!

Elizabeth Halt said...

awwwww .. good thing I wrote a long post today. :)

Chicago is on my short list of cities I would consider moving to. Well .. it's less on my list so much as it's on my (very) short list of Midwestern cities I'd consider moving to in a pinch. ;)

Good luck with the camera search!

Elizabeth Halt said...

Oh, here's my list:
Portland!!! (what a coincidence, LOL)
Eugene
San Francisco
Boulder
Bozeman
Providence
Seattle
Madison
Chicago

I'd also consider Vermont, San Diego (not sure it's for me though), or anywhere along the Big Sur stretch of CA's coast or near like Santa Barbara.

If you move to one of them, I would come visit. :)

MindiJo said...

I was just going to ask you the other day what happened to your 100 Things. Glad to see some more.

Tara said...

You know you got your sister Leanne beat on the blogging frequency this past week, right? Its totally throwing me off balance. :-)