Friday, September 25, 2009

Hmmm...

So Davin and I are heading to Chicago next weekend- yay! They say that when you're waiting for a baby, all you have to do is go on vacation and you will get a call. I think we've gone on half a dozen vacations since we heard that. :P Well, we did have to cancel a big one to California for Kiya, so maybe there is something to it, and this will be the one... :)

Anyhoo, we've never been to Chicago. Well, I've never been to Chicago (except driving through), and Davin has only been for business. So, what is that one thing in Chicago that we absolutely MUST do? I know there are so many things to see, and we'll only be there for two days, but I sure don't want to miss something spectacular!

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

12 comments:

mommyloon said...

Well, if you ask Mary & Amy, they would tell you to go to the American Girl doll store. I say go eat at Frontera Grill or Topolobampo or Frontera Fresca http://www.fronterakitchens.com/restaurants/restaurants.html. If you like Mexican. (I've never been to Chicago, but if someone took me there, I'd go to one of Rick Bayless's restaurants.)

Anonymous said...

You need to people watch at Navy Pier and go to the Bean. If you really are looking for a great time call me, I am loads of fun to be around:) lol
Liz

Anonymous said...

Also look into the Shed Aquarium, Sears Tower and walk Michigan Ave

Liz

Megan said...

Have fun! Zachary is down there right now going to school :) I too have never really been to Chicago except to drive thru, so I hope to go visit him when he's down there going to school.

Laura said...

I have gone a few times and we always walk along Michigan Ave and look in all of the stores. That was with all girlfriends so I am not sure if I would do the same system with my husband. I have to admit we always would eat at the Cheesecake Factory but to be honest there is one here in Edina so that is not really a big deal either. Guess for all of my huge post I really have no suggestions! :) Enjoy your weekend!
Laura

Julie said...

I have no suggestions but I hope you have an awesome, restful time. And find cool places that we will revisit during our girls trip!

Amy said...

I'd recommend the Art Institute and Julius Meinl Patisserie (awesome desserts in Wrigleyville). I tend to hunt down yummy food. :) Especially pastries. :)

Lorz said...

Liz, I know you're loads of fun! :)

Navy Pier, Millenium (sp) Park, and a boat tour are on the agenda. I don't think Davin would appreciate shopping like I would... :D

Anonymous said...

architectural boat tour is a must!

Krista said...

I'm a museum dork. I really like the Field Museum. And, it's right by the Shedd Aquarium! :)

Elizabeth Halt said...

I like the museum with Sue. Is that the Field Museum? Also the boat tour. Also Navy Pier and wandering along the lake. Also yummy food. Hey - Amy and I must be related. ;)

Elizabeth Halt said...

OH - the Bean! I love the Bean. :)