Friday, August 21, 2009

Curiousity and the Cross-dresser

Because everyone (including myself) is sick of hearing about my sleep issues.

So, the other day I was at work. I saw a man walk in and thought nothing of it because husbands/boyfriends/etc. always are in our store. However, after awhile I noticed he was filling up his arms with clothes. So I walked up to him and said (all cheerfully), "So, are you here with someone or are you shopping for someone?" To which this large man, wearing guy jeans, a casual tee, and a Red Sox baseball hat said, "Just for me!" Oops. My immediate response, "Fantastic! Let me get you a fitting room started!" So I did. Piles and piles of skirts, dresses, and all else dressy. I had put him in the back-up dressing room as we don't normally allow men in our dressing rooms, so I was sure to check up on him often. Both so that he knew he wasn't neglected away from the main dressing rooms, but also because....dare I say it?...I was wanting him to show off his clothes!!! Don't gasp, you know you would be curious also! And it's not that I haven't seen cross-dressers before, but, dude, a fashion show? That would be just plain awesome. Alas, he never came out with the clothes on. However, he did leave with a long, flared denim skirt. He put two things on hold that "he LOVES and HAS to have" (as he said in a very manly, not at all flare voice). One was a red dress coat (agreed, it is gorgeous), and the other was a denim vest to go with the skirt.

So, Matt didn't give me a fashion show, as I was secretly hoping, but you can bet I tried to imagine him with a long denim skirt, with a brick red dress coat over it! :)

ETA: I cross-dress sometimes myself. You know, men's jeans and a men's t-shirt. Even boy short panties. I'm stylish that way.

12 comments:

Megan said...

LOL!! :)

MindiJo said...

Giggle. Oh how funny and unexpected that day of work was for you! I seriously wonder what would be the fun in crossdressing...

Laura said...

Funny story!

Leanne said...

LOL. This totally cracked me up!

Amanda Kay said...

Wow! That would make for a great day of work!!

Elizabeth Halt said...

whenever I click on your blog, I crack up at the Twitter comment.

you stalker you.

did you get some sleep yet?

Anonymous said...

an unrelated comment: saw in the star tribune (mn) about how advertising locally to find a baby to adopt is becoming more normal. so you're not alone in networking. does leanne get the paper and could send the article to you?
~ann bimberg
(i've never posted on here before)

Lorz said...

Thanks, Ann! I'll look for the article! :)

Lorz said...

Ann, when was the article from? And do you remember which section?

Anonymous said...

laura,
it was in sat. the 22nd Variety section. (that might help, hey?)
ann b.

Cyndi said...

Geez you're funny!

Anonymous said...

Lol love it!