Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thank you, Charlie

So, as some of you may know, yesterday I sent out almost 300 emails to principals and school administrators around the state. I started at about 9 a.m. and finished around 9 p.m. Other than some yoga, a shower, and eating a couple meals, that's all I did yesterday. My eyes were burning by the time I shut down my computer. And I knew it was a 'risk' sending to principals because they probably get many emails, but I figured they were the ones who could forward it on to their staff. Anyway, I went to bed exhausted and feeling a little defeated because I wasn't sure sending the emails was going to lead anywhere.

Then my phone rang about half an hour ago. It was a 218 number, so it made me go, "huh". I answered and the caller said, "Hi, Laura. This is Charlie from Greenway High School. I just got your email and felt compelled to give you call". !!! He said he definitely noticed the email because it was sent directly to him and not a secretary (and also because it was from a Kan***- there are A LOT in the Iron Range). :) We chatted for about five minutes, and he said he is sending on the email along with a note that he had personally spoke to me and would encourage anyone to be in touch with us if they hear of an adoption situation.

Oh, yeah, it was worth those 12 hours and 300 emails. Thank you, Charlie from Greenway High School. :)

6 comments:

sis amy said...

You (and Charlie's response) give me tears of hope....I admire your determination. I cannot say that there has ever been that much "in me" to not give up. You are an inspiration, my dear!!!! Keep it up! I love this fight you are keeping at. It will pay off. Again, I am PROUD of you!!!!!

Elizabeth Halt said...

seriously, you rock.

that is all.

:)

Megan said...

two thumbs up Laura! Your day will come and the determination and all the comes with it will be worth it.

MindiJo said...

Wow, Laura. You are one determined woman. Good for you. You'll make a great mommy, I can tell by how badly you want a baby of your own.

MindiJo said...

Send me one of your posters or whatever you would call them. I'll have my friend put one up in the teen pregnancy center down here. She volunteers there.
mindijo1@live.com

Lorz said...

Thanks everyone. :)