Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tired Grrr

Slept, oh, a couple hours last night. Don't get me wrong, I am still thankful for the 7 hours the night before, but I couldn't hope, wish, pray it would happen two nights. But of course not.

I've have insomnia for as long as I can remember. It goes in cycles of sorts. I can go many month getting 8-plus hours of sleep. Sometimes I get frustrated during those times also because even though I get that amound of sleep, I wake up a minimum of 2 times a night- usually it's three or four. This isn't healthy sleep. I'm not getting that deep sleep that allows our body to completely rest. Right now it's been about three weeks of insomnia. And what it does to the mind- MAN!- it's takes it toll. If you have insomnia, or even not, you can probably understand just how important sleep is for our mental health. And physical health. I've lost my appetite (seriously), every muscle in my body is tense, and my face is swelled up mad. I got a massage yesterday- she couldn't get beyond the surface of the rocks of muscles. And I don't mean I'm buff- just tight. Well, not tight in a good way, tight in a tense way.

-YAWN- I know this is my third post in a row about sleep. I should apologize, but this my life, thus my blog. I do have a better entry in mind, but I'm too tired to put in in words. I'm going to sleep now. Ha.

1 comment:

MindiJo said...

Oh, man, that sucks. I go through spurts like this. But I (knock on wood) haven't had that little bit of sleep. Usually, it just takes me a while to fall asleep and I end up with like 5 hours. It's frusterating. I completely understand.

I wish you many restful nights of sleep.