Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Who likes chocolate???


So, I found a great adoption support website called Adoption Voices. I joined five different groups, and it has been wonderful for me, being in touch with people who have been through literally the same situations that we have.

Anyway, some members just did a chocolate exchange this month. And I'm stealing the idea. Hey, it's winter, it's cold, and I think we all deserve some fun personal mail- and what better mail than chocolate, right? So here's the deal:

**This exchange is open to people I know and friends of friends. I will verify that each person is somehow linked to someone I know. Does that make sense?
**It would be a $5-$10 limit. (You pick your favorite chocolate!)
**You would have to be willing to email me your mailing address so I can pass it on to whoever 'draws' your name. (I'll draw for everyone)
**Anyone who wants in, leave a comment.
**You have through Sunday MONDAY to join- just leave a comment letting me know you're in.
**You have two weeks to get your chocolate in the mail.
**If you know others who would like to participate, send them to my blog.

I hope this works out- I think it could be really fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ETA: I want to be clear- you will not be posting your mailing address on my blog- you will email it to lorz.kangas @ gmail.com.
ETA: You can add something besides chocolate to the package- use your creativity, but please put at least one piece of chocolate. ;)

22 comments:

Jo said...

Of course I'm in!

Mari said...

I want chocolate. This will be fun. I assume you're participating, Laura?

Megan said...

I'm in! :)

Sarah Kaczor said...

This sounds like fun, count me in!!

Stacey said...

Okay, twist my arm! :o) I'm in!

Lorz said...

Yes, I will be playing Mari- I'm not passing up fun mail and chocolate! LOL

I love this- people from all parts of my life joining- so fun! When I pass on each mailing address, I'll let everyone know who they got and how I know them. :)

ethiopifinn said...

me too! i don't know if you know how you know me...y'know? i'm 3 months older than your eldest sister/sib :)

Lorz said...

E- of course I know you! I may not have seen you in years, but I feel like I know you through virtual socializing!

Juliana said...

Hey old buddy-still my buddy, right? I am SO in :) Sounds like the best kind of mail.

Leanne said...

Okay, fine. I'll play. :P

Lorz said...

L- you don't have to play if you don't want to...

GretaB said...

You can all enjoy enough chocolate for me!

Julie said...

Sure, I'll be in. :)

MindiJo said...

Shoot. If you had done this any other time, I'd be in. Life's crazy busy. But I really want to. When's the "due date" for the chocolate?

Lorz said...

Mindi- I'll get everyone there names sometime on Tuesday, and everyone has two weeks to get the package in the mail. If you want, I can tell the person who has you to get in the mail sooner. What's the latest you could go?

Anonymous said...

count me in...oh and hi and love you and all good things......sis amy:)

Unknown said...

Hey lady - sounds like a fun idea. Count me in!
Have a great day.

Unknown said...

FYI: Amy = Amy Loukus

Mamie's friend said...

Mamie Loukus really mostly wants just plain old Brach's candy stars. She loves those.

Unknown said...

Count me in Laura Sounds like a cool idea!!!

Nadine Walz

Elizabeth Halt said...

Oh! I just found a new favorite chocolate bar. I may share it. Count me in. :)

Laura said...

I want to be in if I am still able.
Laura