Monday, January 5, 2009

Candle of Hope



My ice candle may not be perfect, but I love it. It took me two attempts- the first time it froze all the way through- oops.

Anyway, I lit my candle tonight for the first time. I lit it with a prayer for Mindi's sister-in-law, and tomorrow I will light it with a prayer that God may bring us a baby this year. That was the prayer I had in mind when I decided to make the candle.

A candle a hope, a moment each day for me to reflect on life as I light it- to be thankful for my life, think of those who need prayers, and hope, just hope, that God has a baby out there for us.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are so sweet, Laura.
It is a gorgeous candle.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea. I love it! I'll say a prayer with your candle of hope in mind!

Anonymous said...

How very sweet.

I may have to adopt the idea. No way I could do ice candles here, but it might be nice to say a prayer for someone whenever I light a candle.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you didn't leave your pretty ice candle burning unattended.

Anonymous said...

Wow- it turned out so beautiful! I love that you said a prayer with it... I have said so many for you and Davin and will not stop until you're holding your very own swaddled little baby. And then I'll still be saying them, but for things like SLEEP, strength, and patience! Wait, you're hardly getting sleep now...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, guys. Just think if every one of us reflected and said a prayer when lighting a candle? A nice thought, I think. :)

Fireman-inlaw: It's a little candle inside ICE. Surrounded by ICE. Really, now.

Anonymous said...

This post was serious and almost tranquil feeling until I got to the 'Fireman-in-law' part, and now I'm laughing. {I'm sorry, he made me laugh!} :)

But in all seriousness, I love the ice candle.

Speaking of prayers, my word verification is 'whireyp' kinda sounds like 'wire up'. Hmmmm....