Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Highlights: 2008 Edition

~ Watching Davin turn into an ultra goof when he's around his family. It makes me roll my eyes and smile at the same time. :P

~ Spending time with Davin's family and getting to know them better!

~ Discovering that I am not the only one in Davin's family who talks way faster than I think! Yes, Sara, I'm talking about you- you crack me up!

~ All the kids!!! Oh my goodness! They define the excitment of Christmas!

~ Beautiful, glorious SUNSHINE on Christmas day!

~ Great food. Lots and lots of great food!

~ Getting a couple quality hours with my family as well!

And the biggest highlight:

~ Tiny blue booty ornament from Davin's parents as a keepsake in honor of our Nik. It was by far the best Christmas gift we received. Made me cry, of course. The gesture was so incredibley sweet.

It was a wonderful Christmas! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, fun! Mom told me about those booties, that was so thoughtful. I'm so proud of you, sister, you did so well despite your loss of Nik. Well, at least from my perspective. :) I'm glad that you were able to find some happiness in all of the chaos! I'll blog about mine soon...probably tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Heard you were 'here.' Holidays are so busy, so MAYBE next time?!?
Such a sweet gift and so thoughtful.
Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

How sweet... Sounds like a special Christmas.

Anonymous said...

The gift of the booties sounds very special.

Was Christmas day not beautiful?! I was just loving the sunshine. :)

I'm glad you had a wonderful time there.

Anonymous said...

Was good to see you guys! Glad you enjoyed yourself and the chaos.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a thoughtful gift. Your in-laws must be amazing people. I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your holiday, after all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Leanne. :)

Amy L~ I seriously considered us staying another day to try catch up with you guys. But Christmas was a bit chaotic, and I handled it well, so I didn't want to push it with my 'keeping calm'. It will work better when it's not a holiday, I think. :)

Elizabeth~ Christmas was beautiful! I loved it!

Amy~ it was great to see you too! If only Rita would talk to me... :D

Anonymous said...

Talking faster than you think implies the brain is involved...sometimes I am not so sure (speaking of myself, of course!)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Sara, I really don't think the brain is involved. Science shmience, I say.