Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I have a dream...

...that one day my toes will thaw.

So the talk of the town- or rather, state, is the weather. In my opinion, if the weather outside is colder than the interior of my freezer, it's too cold. Check that. If the weather outside at night is colder than the interior of my refrigerator, then it's too cold out. So why do I live in Minnesota, you ask? I've been asking myself that question for the past three days, and I have yet to come up with a good answer. The only reasonable one is that, with the economy the way it is, there is no way we could sell our house. Other than that, I've got nothing. Davin and I (maybe me more than Davin) have thrown around the idea of moving somewhere warm. I really despise Minnesota winters. However, I thought it would be hard to move away from family and friends. This is true. But the reality is, I have plenty of family and friends that would happily come visit us to get away from this cruel weather! This is how it would work: I would keep a piggy bank- feed it everyday throughout the summer. Then when this weather hits- CRASH- I'd throw that pig on the floor, gather up all the money, and overnight it to my family and friends. Gas money. Warm up your cars. It's 70 degrees here. We'll go biking. With t-shirts on! We'll have a barbeque. Outside. In the warmth. In the yummy, yummy warmth.

-SIGH-

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay...move to MI where the weather is balmy and so is the economy!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I knew there would be a yooper telling me to move where it's "warm". Should have added that I NEED sunshine. Piles of snow...no thank you. But thanks, anyway. :D

Anonymous said...

My bags are packing! Now where are the four wheels on van going?!?;)

Anonymous said...

Well, I hate to burst your bubble. It's not that warm here lately. It was supposed to be 60, but it turned out to only be 50. Which wouldn't be bad, but it's windy. Ugh.
I know it is warmer than MN, but you get acclimated fast and then what?

Anonymous said...

That post made me roar my head off!

Anonymous said...

Amy- Promise you'll come visit???

Mindi- there is no way you could burst my bubble. I will take 50 and windy over -15 and windy anyday. And when I get used to it, then I'll just come back for a harsh reminder of why I left. No biggie.

Leanne- I think you meant head your roar off. Huh?

Anonymous said...

Yes. HYRO.

Anonymous said...

ok .. so that's what I thought too. and then after the first winter in CA, I started pulling out sweaters whenever it dropped below 80. pathetic really.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Elizabeth- PATHETIC!!! What is wrong with you and Mindi?!?! Geez! I will never be the wimps you two are! I'm exasperated at you guys!!! AUGH!!!

:D

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'll visit but I'd like you stay in MN cause then I'd get to see you more!

Anonymous said...

not half as exasperated as I am! I spent 20 plus years in the far North, for pity's sake. I should be tougher.

on the other hand, if I were tougher, I would not get to spend half the year in lovely sweaters and thick down vests and scarves and boots. which I do love. so I must thank my pathetic self for giving me the opportunity to still enjoy winter clothing.

tee-hee.

Anonymous said...

Me, too! No longer is it a dilemma if I should buy winter jackets for the kids when they will only use them once or twice. Now THEY NEED THEM!! Totally worth my money.

I love to have a change of wardrobe, so I am thankful about it all.

I am feeling blessed that I cannot wrap my head around anything colder than maybe the 20's. It's truly strange how that works. As if below zero weather would be something I could forget.

Anonymous said...

Are you aware of how many relatives and friends you have...?!

Might want to think about investing in more than one piggy bank.

Anonymous said...

Yup the sun thing here gets me in January and February when it rarely pokes its head out.... But honestly I love the snow and cold as long as the van makes it out of the driveway I am good. Especially Thursday, and I am not sure what the chances of that is tomorrow morning.
We'd come visit.... although we have been saying that about your current location for about 2 years. Sad to say that we have not ventured that way in over that long (well I was there Nov 2007 with my kids). We ARE coming this winter/spring sometime.
You are very funny! I like this post.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer~ I would happily cut back on diet coke to save gas money- that would for sure do the trick! And I'll get a GIANT piggy bank! :D

Amy~ We're just as guilty- when we come your way we spend all our time making sure we see all of Davin's family. We could make a longer trip, but I have hard time with that. I think we'll have to start doing more frequent trips, so we can see more people. :)