Saturday, December 13, 2008

My family

I think most of us probably take our families for granted from time to time. I know not everyone in my family reads my blog, but for those of you that do, thank you for being who you are. I have a hard time expressing my emotions in person, so I'll start here. I love you all!

Dad: You are strong and hard-working. You don't let anything get in your way. You have always done everything you can to protect your kids. Thanks for that.
Mom: You're the best mom. You, like Dad, are amazingly strong. You have so much on your shoulders, and you are still there when any of us need you. You are patient, and have the kindest heart. I hope to be half the mom that you are.

Shari: I have always called you a Supermom, and that you are. I don't know how you manage all you do, and maintain a healthy energy level! I know you're still in denial that you're a wee bit nuts, but that's okay because it makes you who you are! :D
Mark: It is said that two people are meant for each other- you and Shari define that. I admire your work ethic- you have worked so incredibly hard to become who you are for your family- I'm proud to have you as a brother. And you held the title of best son-in-law for five years. That was a good run, my friend. :)

Leanne: I consider you a friend as much as a sister. I love your passion. Everything that you do, you do out of the goodness of your heart. You are kind to everyone. Your boys are very lucky to have you as a mom!
Cory: First, of course I'm proud of what you do- thank you for your service! But more importantly, you are a loving husband and dad. I love that you take time for the little things- like posting on Leanne's blog. :) And anyone watching you with your boys can see what a great pappa you are!

Amy: You're a loyal sister and friend. You love people for who they are. I wish I were a fraction as domestic as you. Thanks again for the apron, by the way! And you are so good to your kids!
Kevin: Sometimes it weird to me that you're now my brother, being we were friends way back when. But I am happy to have you as a brother! You take good care of Amy and the kids- thanks for that.

Tim: I admire the hard work you have put in to provide for your family. And even in your busy work life, you find time to spend with your girls!
Trista: I love that you're my sister and friend. You're an amazing, hands-on mom. Your girls are so lucky to have you! And I love your sense of humor. :)

Mike: I don't know a guy nicer than you. I am proud to be your sister. You have such a big heart, and it's fun to watch you with Tate- you're a great dad.
Shana: I love your spirit. You say it as it is. That's a rare quality, and I admire you for it. And you actually take the time to play with Tate- you and Mike are both wonderful parents.

Dan: I love that you have been a loving stay at home dad while Lynne finishes school. And you are 10 times more domestic than myself- thanks for all the goodies you've made over time!
Lynne: Sweetheart. That's how I would have to describe you. Have you ever said or done anything mean in your life? I adore you and look forward to getting to know you better!

Chrissy: I see you as a girl who is confident and comfortable with herself. I love that you can be goofy and not care what others think. I love the sparkle in your eye.
Brett: I have yet to get to know you, but you put a permanent grin on my sister's face, so thank you for that!

Steve: Oh, you and your abs. You are possibly the wittiest person I know. You may act all tough and macho, but we've all seen your soft side with the nieces and nephews! :)

Ryan: I see you as someone who is still figuring himself out. I know you are very creative and artistic. You love hockey and are a good goalie. Heck, you've been practicing since you could stand up! :)

Mary: I see so much of myself in you. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. :D Kidding. I love that when you start laughing you cannot stop. Always believe in yourself, Sweetie. I love you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the sweetest little post about your family. I think they should all feel blessed to have you.

Anonymous said...

Laura, I know that I have told you this before but it's something that I feel cannot be said enough. I am so proud of you. Life has had it's bumps for you and you have become a stronger person because of all that you have been through. I am so blessed to have you as a sister and a thankful for all that we have been through and for where we are today. Thank you for loving me for who I am. You're the best!

Anonymous said...

What Amy said. Plus your sense of humor makes my life better. Love you!

Anonymous said...

And I read yours too.....Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That was sweet Laura:)
You and Davin have such an incredible strength. You definately have been through your share of tough times. I am glad to have you as a sister-in-law and for the girls to have you as one of the best aunties in the world!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura!
I am your mom's cousin, Kathleen, and I'm lucky to live across the road from your grandma and grandpa in Sedar Bay.
Just wanted to let you know how lucky you are to be from a "bunch" like you are, as me, I'm the youngest and my sister was 7 years older. That is sometimes tough...(I didn't grow up with them really)so I say to myself, I'm lucky to have ALL these cousins, so it's been nice to get to know some of you through your blogs.
And I have been thinking of you with a prayer in my heart as I have read of all you have been going through.
Have a Merry Christmas even though your hearts are heavy.
Love,
Kathleen Helppi

Anonymous said...

Kathleen~ Thanks for stopping by. :) I didn't know who you were at first because of your married name, but Davin told me your maiden name and I instantly had an image of you! Assuming I'm correct, of course- one can never tell with me. :D

Thank you so much for your kind words and your prayers- it really means so much to Davin and I.

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

Anonymous said...

We love your family too - at least the ones that we know. I am not sure that Adam or I know all of the in-laws that you have added in the last few years.

Anonymous said...

You have a great family. What an awesome post.

Anonymous said...

This is a very nice post... I always blame it on the Finn in us that makes us not tell people how we feel about them.. but we really should..