Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Some more about me- YAY!

39) I would love to know how to dance for real, but I'm deathly afraid of taking lessons because I'm scared to find out exactly how bad I really am. Yes, J, there's my confession and the reason I don't want to go this weekend... :P

40) I say that I don't care what others think of me. The truth is, I do care. A lot. It's not so much about being liked- it's more about hoping I don't annoy or offend people.

41) Along those lines, I am very self-conscience. I am always thinking people must think I am ugly or dumb. Or annoying. ...wow, that was a deep confession.

42) Although I don't have a very high self-esteem, I am confident that I will be a good mom.

43) Today I heard a verse of Brahm's Lullaby FOUR times in four hours at the hospital- they play it each time a baby is born. This is the only downside of volunteering- reminds me how badly I want to be a mommy.

44) Switching topics: I lost my diamond engagement ring over a year ago. I still feel sick to my stomach every time I think about it. I do have a replacement band that I love, but it's still sickening that I would lose my wedding ring...

45) I have also lost every diamond earring I have owned. 4 total (two sets). I told Davin to quit replacing them- fake one's are much safer for me.

46) Although I seem to lose diamonds a lot, I never lose my keys. Seriously, if I don't know where they are, I find them within a minute or two.

47) However, my socks do disappear in the dryer, just like everyone else's.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Davin & Laura! Dibs, glad to hear you're on the mend. Give a call next time you come to town. I'd like to catch up.

* Your partner in "A Pictorial Montage of Family Experience"...a presentation 2nd only to "Fluoride...the Debate."

Anonymous said...

LOL! Hi, Steve! Hi from Davin also- you just gave him a good laugh! :) We'll be up for Christmas- we could try work something out!

Anonymous said...

No need for you to have low self esteem. You seem like a perfectly interesting person. Who wouldn't love you?

Anonymous said...

I wish you loved yourself as much as we all love you. Annoying to one is completely entertaining to another! :)

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the diamonds. I'm thinking those are definitely not things you want to be losing! ;)

I'd like to echo Mindi. In fact, after reading the post about you pretending to mumble in your sleep, I turned to Mark and said, "How can you not like a girl like that?" :)

Self-esteem can be a funny thing. It comes from the inside, yet so often we allow outside influences to affect it. And, why should we? Each of us is unique and special. Some people will like us. Some won't.

But, I suppose it's only human to want everyone to like us.

I think in accepting that fact that everyone won't though, we can learn to have stronger self esteem, we can learn to love ourselves for who we are. Not by other's standards. But by our own.

If we're trying our best and meaning well toward others, I believe that is the important thing. That is what we should 'measure' ourselves by. Not so much whether or not others like us. (If only it were that easy...!)

Anonymous said...

I don't care so much whether people like me or not, but if they don't like Atlas, I might not love them as much as I would otherwise. ;-) I did not, however, like to make people unhappy or upset, and much like your not wanting to annoy or offend, it all kind of ends up in the same place.

If it's any comfort, I stopped worrying so much about what other people thought of me when I hit 30. Don't know how it happened, it just did.

Anyway, I like you. :)