Thursday, March 19, 2009

I love spring!

73. I LOVE spring. It's my favorite season, by far. I love the mud- it means the GREEN is not far behind. I love the weird smell- I believe that would be the mud. :D I love opening the windows for the first time of the year. I love listening to the obnoxious birds. I love going outside without a jacket. I love feeling the warm sun on my face- and getting sun-kissed cheeks for the first time of the year. I love getting into my car after it has been outside and feeling the heat. I love watching the neighbors wake from winter hibernation- adults out for walks, kids playing. I even, in an odd way, love allergies. Just because it means spring is here!

Hope you're all enjoying your spring!

8 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

yes!

Sarah said...

My thoughts exactly.

Amy said...

Laura, I have ALWAYS loved the smell of mud. Growing up, I believe Lib would give me grief about this... but it does smell so nice and springy, doesn't it. :)

Leanne said...

Agreed.

Megan said...

I too agree, but it didn't feel much like spring around here today it snowed this morning, and it was a high of 24 degrees today.

Elizabeth Halt said...

I did give her grief! Lots of grief! I totally forgot about that.

What can I say, I don't like the smell of mud. However, we have mud almost year-round so, to me, it is not a sign of spring. ;) Tulips, however, are.

Julie said...

I totally agree! I think I'm turning more into a spring person vs. a fall one each year...

Jen H. said...

I love spring, but I don't love MUD so much (at least not in my house!)