Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shit!

Disclaimer: If you haven't already noticed, this post is a bit unfiltered. Read at your own risk.

I'm going off of Mindi's blog post about filtering. As you can tell by the title, I have already stopped filtering for this post. ...or I'm going to try. And for those of you that are like, -GASP-, she said "shit"!, I say, who hasn't??? And I don't mean that to be rude. Truly. But I know anyone who wishes can stop reading now, or has already chosen not to read. But, come on, you know you're curious. What could this post be about that is titled "Shit"? Right? Well, it's about what's going on in my life right now. The title is mostly for the shock factor. Tee hee.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't had any lengthy or light-hearted blogs in awhile. I haven't been down in the dumps, per say, but I haven't exactly been giddy. Well, except that one day where I went to the MOA, where I got a bit loopy (no, not from the few sips of a margarita), and rode a dinky roller coaster, and laughed, and had a great time with my sister. That was a fun, "let it go" kind of day. Aside from that, life has been a wee bit stressful. Short story long, we *kind of* are working with two birth mothers. The first one chose us, met with the agency, still chose us, and then disappeared. My reaction, "What the f***?" Then I started getting anxious. She's due on March 30th. But she was on some heavy drugs, so I wouldn't be surprised if she already had the baby. So, will we never hear from her again (probably), or does she want to skip the paperwork and counseling and will call us when she has the baby??? I bought a few pink things just in case. (We have a bunch of boy stuff from Nik, but no girl clothes). The other birth mother is due in June- also having a girl. I hopefully will be talking to her for the first time today- we've just emailed. She is (I believe) talking to two other families. So, that's not a for sure.

This adoption stuff is for the birds. For now. I'm know once I'm holding my baby, it will have been worth it.

Onto the filtering subject. I swear more than my fair share. Not all the time. Just when I'm stressed. Or tired. Or hyped up. You should have seen me play Mario Kart on Wii. Every other word coming out of my mouth was a swear word! Note to self: Do not play Mario Kart with nieces and nephews.

And since I'm not filtering, let's talk about the gorgeous diamond earrings Davin got for me a few weeks ago. My dilemma- do I keep them? I mean, they were a gift, but I've lost three diamond earrings in my life. Not three pair- just three. And these ones aren't little ones, by my standard. I don't know that I'm responsible enough to own REAL diamond earrings. I'm tempted to bring them back and upgrade my wedding band instead. Lucky me, Davin doesn't care what I decide to do! I feel bad even contemplating bringing back a gift, but, hey, I'm a girl, and a spoiled one at that! Ouch. That was a zinger to myself. Shame, Laura. ...tempted to delete...no filtering....shit!

Oh, I think that's enough for now. I'm not tired or hyped up, so this post actually turned out pretty mild. Seriously.

11 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

my baby has the shits, and i wish the same for you in the near future! xo, (you little reb! get the up grade, girl!)

ethiopifinn said...

oh, i don't hope you get the shits, just that your btb arrives soon, and that you can love them so much you tell people about their bowel situations, good or bad. lol!

Lorz said...

LOL!!! I read your first comment and I was like "Gee thanks!", but then I got it. Thanks for clarifing, though- that's reassuring! :D Yeah, I'm really leaning toward the upgrade...

Anonymous said...

I hope that things work out for you guys this time! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Haha! Get the upgrade. I would. Mark doesn't care either, and I always say someday I'd love the wedding band we'd intended to buy...

It was an anniversary band and it perfectly matched my engagement ring. We didn't put a hold on it or anything when we first saw it and when we went back for it, it was GONE. I just have a plain band right now...but someday...! I want those diamonds! ;)

Leanne said...

Sheesh. This'll make some people shift in their seats. It made me smile though. Even though your swear-less entries are equally entertaining. The Shock Factor is your friend. It is not mine, so I certainly filter some things (but I'm not much of a swearer either...except I do say a** a lot. I should stop that. Like instead of "that's junk" I'll say, "That's a**" No good. I'm too comfortable with that word, now that I think about it.

I have a solitaire engagement ring. Someday I want to get a band. When it came time for the wedding, we couldn't really afford the band I *really* wanted and I LOVE my ring, so we decided to wait until "someday." Maybe our 10-year? Do what makes you happy...

XOXO

MindiJo said...

Hey, I'd gladly add diamonds to my wedding band also. I'm glad I can say that out loud. I wondered if I was wrong to want to a change.

Elizabeth Halt said...

I can't swear, which seems weird to me. Not that I really care whether I do or not, it just seems odd that I actually physically can't. The words won't come out. Well .. they don't even come to mind .. but if I tried to, I couldn't, LOL. I say "bother" instead. Yes, I am an adult who says "bother", just like Winnie-the-Pooh. ;)

Since we're not filtering, I'll tell you that I gave a lovely Sisters plate that Amy gave me to Goodwill. I am not a plate person. The funny thing .. I asked her to give it to me. I saw it in a magazine and showed it to her and said wouldn't it be wonderful and appropriate if she gave it to me as a gift. ;) When I gave the plate to Goodwill, I told her that I did. She didn't care, which is why I love her of course, but reminded me that I had asked for it. I told her that she should've known that I wasn't a plate person and ignored me. Which she agreed was true. So I say do whatever you want .. but if you really love these earrings, and are just worried you'd lose them - maybe keep them.

I thought the post was going to be about actual shit. I've discussed it with my naturopath quite often. Which is why I like naturopaths. I told her that she was the only one who actually wanted to know what mine looked like - and in fact would ask about it. Tee-hee .. so the fact that I am actually interested too and will look myself wasn't weird to her.

Now aren't you sorry you did a filter-less post, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Yeah and Leanne used to chew me out for swearing.....lol. Be you, sister! :)

Lorz said...

Elizabeth~ LOL! I love your non-filtering. It's so G-rated! :D

Amy~ Yeah, I still remember you changing a diaper and saying there was shit all over, and then when I called you on it you said, "What? That's what it is!" LOL- you corrupted me!!! (For real, Leanne doesn't swear- I actually feel bad when I swear too much in front of her- it's a bad habit, period).

I'll do a post about my ring someday. There's a whole big story there. It's mostly G-rated.

Amy L said...

Hey I swear in the same situations as you - although mostly it is when I am angry or extremely frustrated.
Anyway, I'd do what makes you happy as far as diamonds go. Someday I'd love a second ring as I only have a wedding band - most already know that story. But i do have diamonds on my band and I love it, but sometimes I want 2 rings on that finger. Just to make sure that people do not think that I am just an 'engaged' mom, but actually a for real life wife too! ;)

Julie said...

Keep the earrings- you have a ten year anniversary coming up and we know that Davin can't resist buying you jewelry. :) Speaking of, glad your hubby is okay. The car is pretty banged up.
The comments on this post cracked me up! They were great. I especially loved Elizabeth's story about the plate- she's hilarious.
What can I be unfiltered about? Hmm... not much of anything going on to filter. I swear I must have gotten negative sleep last night so I'm going for a nap with the baby. Ethie's gone for the day.