Thursday, March 5, 2009

My happy heart

So, the Tupperware fundraiser was tonight. The turnout was great! I'll be honest- this has been a rough week for me. There has been adoption stuff going on- two birth mothers, a million unanswered questions- I won't go there right now. I had a slight (maybe a bit more than) panic attack this morning. Davin was in a meeting so I called my mom and she talked to me until my breathing regulated and I could drift to sleep. I felt a bit on edge driving out to the party, but once people started arriving all anxiety was gone. It was so great to see people come and support Gregory and his family. It was SO great to see people I haven't seen in years. By the time I left, my heart was singing. ...that's a cheesy phrase. But, truly, my heart was so happy. It was so wonderful to witness the good and kindness of people. It was amazing to me. So tonight I will go to sleep not thinking about the stress of adoption, but about Gregory, and how lucky he is to not only have a wonderful, loving family to take care of him, but also an entire community rooting for him. Yep, my heart is happy.

Again, THANK YOU to Greta and Angie!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is good. People are good. Things will work out for you and Davin:) I believe it. You have a lot on your plate. Remember to take it day by day! I love you!

Anonymous said...

I will sound like a mom now - are you taking your vitamin B? I remind all my girls to take their vitamin B whenever the emotional/mental stresses are high. We do lots of vitamin B .....

I can't imagine the stress of dealing with the ups and downs of adoption, but remember that God has a plan and when it happens it will be the very best plan and the baby that was meant just for you.

Elizabeth Halt said...

I'm glad it went well! :)

Lorz said...

Cheryl~ I get a B-12 shot every three weeks. My body doesn't absorb it properly. About 18 months ago my doctor did a full blood work-up on me and found my B-12 to be EXTREMELY low. We started the injections that day and I couldn't believe the difference it made!!! It was incredible! Now I can always tell when I've missed a shot- I get tired, down, and eventually shaky.