Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Can we unite?


Confession: I voted for John McCain. However, I never had a doubt in my mind that Obama was going to win. I know many republicans are disappointed right now, but it's time to move forward. Although we can celebrate A LOT of freedoms as American's, this country has a lot of issues to conquer right now. The only way we can "fix" our "problems" is if president-elect Obama follows through on his word to work with both parties. I am hopeful that he will. Our part is to get over our differences and the bitterness the campaigning brought up, and unite as a nation. Can we do that? Pretty please?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%.

Anonymous said...

I'm in.

Anonymous said...

Me, too. Let's get this show on the road!

Anonymous said...

And boy, I love that picture!

Anonymous said...

Me too!

On a humorous note from the other side, you should've seen me last night. I was dancing around the house yelling "Yes, we can" and crying and singing "Do you hear the people sing" and asking the TV "what can I do! I'm ready! Let's start now!".

Anonymous said...

Oh, Libby, I'd have loved to have been at your house!

Anonymous said...

LOL, Elizabeth! I just said it on your blog, but I'll say it again- you're refreshing! Dancing and talking to the televion- oh boy! :D

Anonymous said...

I agree! The only way to get anything accomplished as a nation is to unite.

Feelings and emotions are running rampant right now, but I've no doubt once things settle we can all unite for a greater cause.