Friday, November 7, 2008

I wonder...

Do you ever think that God plays your life a certain way for the sole purpose of entertaining the angels in heaven? Follow me...I can't quite figure out why our adoption journey has been so bumpy. Today I was thinking about it and I thought maybe, just maybe, God is using us to entertain the angels. It's like one day He thought "Hey, everyone! Come gather on this cloud over Isabella Avenue. We're gonna have some fun!" Then he dangles a potentional adoption situation in front of us, and all the angels are on the edge of the cloud, waiting to see our reaction. We get all excited and the angels cheer. Then God says, "Now watch.", and he yanks the situation away. The angels gasp! They hold their breathe waiting for our reaction. ...this next part was my mom's input... All the angels pull out signs with our names on it and chant for us "Come on, Laura, you can do it!" We cry. The angels cheer to encourage us. We cry some more, but pick ourselves up and move ahead, our heads held high. The angels roar with excitement! ....back to my input... God then leads the angels to another cloud to play with another family. But just when we're getting back into a normal routine, He gathers the angels back above us and dangles another situation...it goes on...and on...

So, what does this story tell you? A) I'm feeling a bit cynical, but B) Angels are cheering us on! Thanks, Mom, for putting the angels on our side! In my version, they were just laughing. But I'm sure when God brings us our baby for real, the angels will throw a big party!

I should add: I truly do think things are meant to happen. If the reason we were brought into Oliver's life was to help his mother realize just how much she loves and needs her son, and nothing else, than I can live with that. She is an amazing person, and I know our Nik is going to have a wonderful life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... I can't imagine what you're going through right now.

Give yourself time to grieve and get through this- don't be too hard on yourself. You've come so far and you're strong, this is different than the past. Believe it, beautiful! :)

What you said about the reason you and Davin were brought into Oliver's life was incredibly profound. You are selfless and courageous. I love you!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree about the role you have played thus far in Oliver's life. You probably nailed it. Now if you can take something away from the situation, also, then I think your lives will be better because of it. It's hard to know why, but everything happens the way it does for a reason. Something good comes out of everything bad, we just sometimes have to look for what it is. Maybe it's just a life lesson, but it's something worth looking for. You have still been in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

We just talked about it for long enough for you to know what I think and I really don't have anything witty to say :). I love you both so much!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and Davin during his difficult time... I can't imagine the hurt you two are dealing with at this time. I planned to write essentially what Mindijo has written, but she stated it very well. Heidi

Anonymous said...

not much to add today but hugs :)