Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Old*er* people rock!

So I started volunteering today at the hospital. I walked for 4 hours straight. I never sat down- I loved being so busy! My assignment consists of transporting patients, bring visitors to patient rooms, and delivering flowers. All fun stuff! My shift is from noon to 4:00. Since I work during the day I am working with all retired folk. Everyone, of course, is really nice. But there is one pair of ladies I'm keeping an eye on- I can tell they will make for quality entertainment! They both work at the welcome desk. One is a volunteer and the other is a paid employee. The thing is- they have the exact same job. The volunteer clearly despises the employee, and the employee is really good at pulling her rank and acting smarter. I heard a few snide comments here and there, and a lot of eye rolling. I wanted to laugh so hard- I had to turn away once because I thought I was going to bust it! The eye-rolling was the best!

Now, I'm assuming that it was truly funny, because in the past few days I've found humor in the strangest of places. :D

That's the wonderful side of my life. On the other side, I am facing a long, ugly fight with my former employer. I've been told to walk away, but I can't. This will just happen to someone else. And I can't let that happen.

But for now I'm relaxing after a 4-hour walk (I wonder if I'll be sore tomorrow?), and gonna watch NCIS and The Mentalist with my hubby, who is home and well!

Have a good night, everyone!

P.S. I heard a rumor that Adam L. has lurked about my blog- make yourself known! Otherwise you're never gonna get a Christmas present! :P

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be Adam L if you send me a present. Course, it'll be a boy present and do me no good.
Sounds like things are looking up. Your posts are sounding happier. I like to see that.

Anonymous said...

You spoke too soon- I have a good blog coming in a few minutes!

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS. I am so excited to hear all of the stories going to be coming from that place. Also, see if you can secretly take some pictures of those ladies to post...that would be so fantastic! Heck, I bet they'd pose!

Anonymous said...

Not together would they pose! They are certainly enemies! LOL.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a good plot for a new TV show! These old people could be your ticket!

Anonymous said...

Mindi- I have laughed more in the past 20 hours than I have in months. Peggy's blog takes the cake! Oh, and the Ted Danson Hot Name Game!

Anonymous said...

Jen~ Shoot! Now I'm going to be watching those old ladies and hearing audience laughter in my head! How will I ever keep a straight face?!?!