Saturday, November 8, 2008

What would you do?





So, if your husband walked in with this at the end of what was a crappy day what would you do?


A) Jump up and give him a hug

B) Start crying- the gesture was incredibly sweet

C) Say "Can I punch it?"


I realize A or B would be ideal responses, but of course, I went with C. If you know anything about me by now, it is that I say what I am thinking. And, dang, that giant grinning balloon was just asking for a fist in its face. Later, when Davin went to hockey, that is exactly what it got. Over and over and over. Let me tell you, it felt GREAT. Seriously, if you have some built up emotions, punching a helium balloon will make your day. It's loud, and it just feels GOOD. You may say I'm still feeling cynical. But, hey, it's how I deal. I felt much better after.


Oh, and what an awesome husband I have. When I asked if I could punch it, he wasn't hurt- he thought it was a good idea!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha! I wouldn't have thought that. That's cute. And it served a good purpose. I'm glad that you thought of it for yourself.
And now I leave for you what Katie left for me. It fit so well on a not so good day.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you punched it - sometimes that is the best way to release the built up tension and frustration.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh .. I have another great way to ease tension for you to try. My reiki instructor told me about it and I can testify that it works - scream "therapy". Open your mouth and see how long and how loud you can scream. All the tension goes out in a whoosh.

2 notes:
- If you're in an apartment or you're worried that your neighbors will hear, I suggest doing this in the car while you're driving.
- Don't try it around nervous puppies (though she tells me that her kids invented the idea and told her to try it too).

Anonymous said...

Remind me not to bring you balloons. :)

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth- I will have to try that next time I'm running out of sanity! And I don't think I have to worry about puppies- you know where my feelings are there...

Leanne- but I LIKE balloons! :D