Sunday, November 16, 2008

Insanity kicking in...

Funny story.

Davin's in the hospital. That's not the funny part. He has pneuomonia and a blood clot in his lung. He actually feels quite fine. We came into the ER last night because he had a sharp pain in his back and had trouble breathing. He thought it was a muscle spasm and would be sent home with a relaxant. Nope. They found pneumonia. And a blood clot. So they admitted him and put on antibiotics and blood thinners. I started driving home a little after one o'clock a.m. Davin was feeling good when I left. I was thinking about how it had been a stressful day, but Davin was fine and everything would be okay. Just as I was thinking that, *DING* the "Service engine soon" light came on in my car. I started laughing. And laughing. And laughing. I pictured God saying "So, Laura, how you handling life now?" I laughed the rest of the drive home. The car ran fine and no gauges went nuts.

"Just fine, God. I'm doing just fine. Thank you."

By the way, there is no ding when a light comes on in the car, but I am certain I heard it anyway.

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man .. it really is "pouring" over there, isn't it. I hope Davin comes home soon - fully recovered.

If it helps, my service engine light comes on when it thinks the car is ready for my next oil change. And since my car and I disagree on when oil changes are needed, I ignore the light for another thousand or so miles. :)

On another humorous note (sorry, I'm in a humorous mood), when I call my dad to tell him about a car noise, he generally says that I should just turn the radio up when I hear a noise and I would be much better off. LOL. I, on the other hand, turn the radio off and focus on the noise intently. He is probably right, but I like to think that I can diagnose it myself (but since it's probably a normal noise, I doubt it).

Anonymous said...

Oh, trust me, Elizabeth- I am laughing over here! I'm not quite sure why, but everything just seems funny! Except Davin can't laugh 'cause it hurts so I'm trying to keep the humor to myself- it's not easy to do!

Davin should be able to go home tomorrow. He's just sitting here watching a hockey game while I'm bored outta my mind. Boys.

Anonymous said...

Here's a quick hello and also a get well soon for Davin. It has been a long time...and I guess that I am not sure that we have ever met, but our husbands have history! So Hello....